2D ARTISTS CALL
Note: All positions are currently remote due to COVD-19 but will be located in Winnipeg, Manitoba when it is safe to return to the office. This is a term position with the option to renew.
Specializing in Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality, we have an exciting array of new projects. We are looking for talented, enthusiastic and animated people interested in bleeding-edge technology, cool topics and innovative ideas.
If this sounds like you please send your portfolio or digital examples of your work with your CV and Cover Letter to: ([email protected]). Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Reporting to the Project Manager and Art Director, the 2D Artist will be responsible for making 2D creations, UI and elements for a VR (virtual reality) and/or an AR (augmented reality) project. The 2D Artist will work under the direction of the Art Director to create original art and graphical assets.
In addition to being an effective communicator, the 2D Artist will participate in brainstorming sessions and contribute to the conceptualization and design of characters, objects, UI and other graphic art.
The successful candidate for this position will bring a passion for using the latest technologies in 2D design within the VR or AR space.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Creating 2D UI Art Assets
- Contribute to the design of individual game components
- Contribute to and challenge designs to encourage the creation of the best quality product
- Work closely with developers to achieve appropriate visual style and gameplay
- Create and maintain design documentation including all aspects
- Participate in testing and provide feedback for gameplay improvements
- Attend meetings with the team, as required
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Bachelor degree or college diploma in 2D art, graphic design, illustration or related field, and/or related experience
- Demonstrated creativity and ability to design aesthetic and compelling 2D renderings.
- Understanding of wireframes, prototypes, and familiarity with UI research a plus
- Strong foundation in drawing, illustration and 2D design skills
- Ability to create the frontend of the game user interface, in-game HUD, and additional in-game art
- Technical proficiency in 2D software applications such as Adobe Creative Suite
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrated interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a team and independently as required to achieve project deliverables
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills including demonstrated ability to use lateral thinking to resolve design issues
- Ability to adapt quickly to change and to deliver projects against firm deadlines
- Passion for gaming and an interest in designing engaging games
- Creating clear and clean iconography and typography is a strong asset
- VR or AR experience is a strong asset