3D ARTIST CALL
Specializing in Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality, we have an exciting array of new projects that span across multiple partner companies and are looking for new team members.
Our team headed by internationally recognized innovations have a combined 12 years of experience bringing innovative projects to light. We are looking for talented, enthusiastic and animated people interested in bleeding-edge technology, cool topics and innovative ideas.
If this sounds like you please send your portfolio or digital examples of your work with your CV and Cover Letter to: ([email protected]). Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Reporting to the Project Manager and Art Director, the 3D Artist will be responsible for making moving 3D creations and elements for a VR (virtual reality) and/or an AR (augmented reality) project. The 3D Artist will work under the direction of the Art Director to create original animation and graphical assets and take part in animation rigging, rendering, texturing, lighting and shading.
In addition to being an effective communicator, the 3D Artist will participate in brainstorming sessions and contribute to the conceptualization and design of characters, animation and other graphic art.
The successful candidate for this position will bring a passion for using the latest technologies in 3D design within the VR or AR space.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Contribute to the design of individual game components including but not limited to: characters, setting and gameplay.
- Contribute to and challenge designs to encourage creation of the best quality product.
- Work closely with developers to achieve appropriate visual style and game play.
- Create and maintain design documentation including all aspects.
- Participate in testing and provide feedback for game play improvements.
- Attend meetings with the team, as required.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Bachelor degree or college diploma in 3D animation, graphic design, visual effects or related field, and/or related experience.
- Demonstrated creativity and ability to design aesthetic and compelling 3D renderings, animation and photo composites.
- Strong foundation in drawing and 3D design skills.
- Technical proficiency in 3D software applications such as: Maya; Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator or After Effects or Autodesk.
- Experience using Unity.
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrated interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a team and independently as required to achieve project deliverables.
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills including demonstrated ability to use lateral thinking to resolve design issues.
- Ability to adapt quickly to change and to deliver projects against firm deadlines.
- Passion for gaming and an interest in designing engaging games.
- VR or AR experience is a strong asset.