Note: All positions are currently remote due to COVD-19 but will be located in Winnipeg, Manitoba when it is safe to return to the office. This is a term position with the option to renew.
Our growing internet of things department is looking to bring on a software developer. This position will require you to work quickly when it comes to prototyping and assist our hardware team when it comes to testing and implementation.
If this sounds like you please send your portfolio or digital examples of your work with your CV and Cover Letter to [email protected]. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
You will be working directly with our engineering team & manufacturing team to implement prototype hardware and changes as well as the rest of our software team. Your role will be critical when it comes to implementing both product changes as well as custom business logic for our clients.
- Contribute code to our raspberry pi based projects
- Help solve technical challenges
- Develop firmware to integrate with IoT hardware such as relays, buttons, sensors, and more.
- Work with our engineering team to help make sure that hardware changes are reflected in the code and are able to be implemented in firmware.
- Create and maintain documentation including all aspects of the code
- Participate in testing and provide feedback for gameplay improvements
- Attend meetings with the team, as required
- A strong understanding of Python programming
- A strong understanding of Bash scripting
- A strong understanding of the Linux operating system
- Experience working with single board computers
- An understanding of GPIO pins and how they work
- Experience working with other single board computers such as the Jetson Nano or Arduino considered an asset
- Experience working with 4G expansion boards is considered an asset
Preference is given to those who have experience working on a team creating and deploying projects in the past in the past. Please send us a link to your GitHub and portfolio along with a resume and cover letter in PDF format. Cover letters can be addressed to Daniel Blair.
Note: This is a short term-based employment to start due to project structure however we intend to extend this position beyond the term. We are open to contract positions during the term as well.
|Job Category||Contract, Term|